Today I’m sharing instructions for how to add blog posts for your website using the Avada theme. I especially wanted to have this information available for potential clients so you can see how user friendly the Avada them is and see a sample of the personalized website documentation I create for each client. I recently emailed a client her documentation and she said, “Thank you for setting me up for success!”. I hope all of my clients feel that way after working with me.
I create personalized website documentation that includes detailed instructions because maintaining a website and updating a blog is hard work and these instructions will save you time in that process so you can focus on other important areas of your business.
Here are step by step instructions for adding a blog post in Avada.
1. Login to your website to view the dashboard.
2. Click the POSTS tab found in the far left menu to see a list of your blog posts.
3. To add a new post, click the ADD NEW button next to the Posts text at the top of the page.
4. Add the blog title in the box labeled “Add title”
5. Click the “Edit With Fusion Builder” button.
6. Click the ” + Pre-Built Page” button
7. Choose the “Template” button
8. Find the “Blog Page Template” and mouse over it and choose the “Replace all page content” option.
9. This will load the blog post settings for you. You will need to change the main image, the main text, select the category, add tags and change the featured image.
10. To change the main image, scroll down to the content box labeled “image”.
11. When you mouse over the image content box, you will see these options: element settings | clone element | save element | trash
12. Choose the element settings option (far left or 1st option) and then choose the edit button under the current image.
13. Choose the “upload files” button on the far left. Then choose the “select files” button in the middle of the screen. Select the image you want to use and click the open button.
14. Then choose the “insert into post” button on the bottom right of screen.
15. Then click “save”.
16. To change the blog text, scroll down to the next content box. When you mouse over the text content box, you will see these options: element settings | clone element | save element | trash
17. Choose the element settings option (far left or 1st option), add your text to the text block and click the “save” button.
18. On the right side of the screen you will see a box to choose the appropriate categories and a separate box for adding tags.
19. The last step is adding your Featured Image. On the far right menu, scroll until you see the Featured Image box. Click on the “Set Featured Image” text.
20. Choose the “upload files” button on the far left. Choose the “select files” button, select the image you want to use and click the open button.
21. Click the “Set Featured Image” button.
22. Click the “Publish” button to save your changes and publish your blog post.
I hope this helps you understand how user friendly the Avada theme is and why this is just one of the reasons that this is an effective theme to have your website built on. I’m open to any questions you have about Avada or the process of working with me. Contact me for more information and view a sample website documentation pdf below.
I create personalized website documentation for my clients because maintaining a website and updating a blog can take time, but these instructions will speed up that process so you can focus on other important areas of your business. This documentation gives specific instructions for:
- Adding new blog posts
- Changing Images
- Editing text
- Updating plugins
- Backing up the website
It includes screen shots and easy to read instructions. Click this image to view a downloadable sample website documentation pdf.